Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The kick off.

So, how did I get here? Why, after years and years of procrastinating over a Potato Farm Railway layout did I get the urge to build one?
Well, It is Canadian Modeller Craig Parry's fault. He is the current owner of The Crowsnest Tramway layout originally created by Roy C. Link many years ago. He was showing it at the national Narrow Gauge convention in Minneapolis. The model is a 1/32 scale model of a two foot gauge railway. I'd never seen 1/32 scale narrow gauge before and I was struck by the nice physical size of the locomotives on display.
Craig and I talked at length about the layout in his possession and a bit about 1/32 narrow gauge. I mentioned that I'd seen a 1:32 scale kit in the vendor hall of the Malcolm Moore V8 locomotive. I mentioned I was thinking about buying it but I don't really need to work in another scale. He'd seen the same kit on sale too and remarked that at the price it was being sold at, it was a really good deal, and that it would make a very nice model indeed with a Black Beetle power unit underneath it.  So I quickly nipped back upstairs and bought it.
This kit has kicked the project into action
So, I now have a new kit of a two foot gauge locomotive that needs a power unit. I have no track, no rolling stock (though as I will explain later that's not entirely true) and no layout.
All I have at the moment is years of research and enthusiasm for Potato Railways. Which is as good a place as any to start.


1 comment:

  1. Coming originally from Boston and with family in Holbeach and Spalding I shall be following with interest. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete