Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Another sketchbook idea

Here’s a quick idea for a scheme I just had that I thought I’d share with you.
It’s a farmyard interchange point.
A short train of loaded potato wagons is brought “onstage” and pushed into the potato warehouse, where they can be unloaded by hand and then one at a time the wagons can be left on the road in front of the warehouse until a long enough train of empties has been assembled, these then go “offstage” to the fields to be re-loaded.
Then I wondered about adding a little extra action in the form of an empty flatbed lorry appearing on stage, disappearing into the warehouse and re-emerging fully loaded with potato sacks. There are a few layouts out there doing this with radio controlled vehicles, like this wonderful example from Giles Favell.

I’m not entirely sure if my model making skills would be up to that. Perhaps I could get by with pulling the lorry on and offstage with some fishing line.
Whatever I decide, I think this would be an excellent concept to work on further

No comments:

Post a Comment