Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Pages from my sketchbook

What follows are a couple of pages from sketchbook detailing a few avenues I’m exploring as possible the for the layout. You'll notice a couple of themes. The farmyard and the exchange siding. I like both. An exchange siding layout allows for the possibility of prototype activity. A loco brings in a short train of wagons loaded down with full sacks of potatoes. Weighs them on the weighbridge, then brings them up onto the loading dock, where with the clever use of trees as a view block, the operator can remove the loads and emptied wagons can leave the scene.
A Farmyard scene also presents lots of possibilities. Trains of wagons can run though the layout or shunted into the barns to be loaded and unloaded. My only concern would be the sharpness of the curves, and wether or not Kadee couplers would be able to stand the rapid switching of direction.

This version above has the feature I really like, being able to watch the train com towards the viewer, before turning sharply into the farmyard. Once again, would Kadee couplers stand a sharp 10" radius curve? I'm not sure.
Anyway, things to think on, and a better development of the idea than schemes shared here previously.

1 comment:

  1. I like the triangular arrangement. The interchange reminds me of the one at Deeping St Nicholas

    ReplyDelete